"Life here is great! I have everything I need. The service is excellent!"
Duke of Devonshire
See All Our Testimonials
At the Duke of Devonshire we understand that moving to a retirement residence is an important event that requires careful consideration and planning. And sometimes it may seem overwhelming! As part of our lifestyle offering at the Duke of Devonshire, we are pleased to offer you the FREE services of our Devonshire Transition Coordinator.
Working closely with you and your family, our Transition Coordinator can assist you with the organization and administration of your move. Some of the many tasks we can help you organize include:
● Selling your home. If you need to sell your home, we can help you select a real estate agent with particular expertise to ensure your house sells more quickly and for a reasonable price
● Decluttering in preparation for sale. If you need to declutter or put some of your belongings into temporary storage, we can arrange for boxes and a FREE truck and driver for your belongings to be stored with Dymon Self Storage, Ottawa's new state-of-the-art storage facilities
● Repairs and maintenance. Through our network of home repair and renovation contractors, we can refer you to reputable trades in the event minor repairs or improvements may be required at your home prior to sale
● Staging. We can arrange for the services of a staging company that can help prepare your home for sale
● Dispersal. If you have belongings to appraise, sell, donate or dispose of, we can make arrangements for these items
● Moving. We can coordinate the hiring of movers and administer all the logistical details of your move
● Legal services. We can help you select a lawyer who can handle the legal paperwork involved with the sale of your home
● Furniture. If you have items to be repaired or restored or if you need to purchase furniture for your new home we can help
● Settling In. Once your belongings have arrived at the Duke of Devonshire, we will arrange the furniture in your suite and help with installing artwork and other personal effects
● Notification. We can provide notification to your friends and those with whom you have business dealings about your mailing address change
● Communications. When moving into the Duke of Devonshire we can arrange for you to retain your current telephone number within the greater Ottawa area, and arrange for cable tv, internet and video conferencing technology in your suite
● Finances. If required, we can assist you in selecting a financial advisor to help you set up a financial budget
If you need assistance with any other aspect of your transition to retirement living, we can help!
At the Duke of Devonshire, your all-inclusive living lifestyle can start as early as today... call us or drop by to findout more!
Choose your day and
Use the slider to indicate your current monthly expenses...
Contact us by email
or by phone at 613-721-8809